In Kirsten's Care Job Description
Assistant Childcare Provider/Part-time
The Assistant Childcare Provider will maintain a safe and stimulating environment for young children including infants while working in a family-centered program while focusing their duties on the needs of the families and children of various ages
*Must be 18 years of age or older
*Have own transportation
Minimum: High School Diploma
Early Childhood Education Units not required.
Experience working in an early childhood setting but not required
Experience working with persons from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
Must be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the children and program
C.P.R./First Aid for infants and toddlers preferred.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Interact with the children in a way which conveys respect and nurturing
2. Support the social and emotional development of children
3. It will be the assistant childcare provider's responsibility to play with the children, this
will often mean getting down on the floor to interact with them.
4. Provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem
solving appropriate to the development levels of the children.
5. Attend to the personal hygiene of each child in your care, including changing diapers
or soiled clothing and washing hands.
6. Help other staff in preparing meals for children as required. May be asked to update
food nutrition forms and present them upon request by Community Bridges
7. Assist in the cleaning and straightening of the child care rooms at the end of the day,
as well as putting away any outside equipment
8. Work cooperatively and effectively as a team member by communication and
contributing information on a continuous basis
9. Maintain open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child's family
10. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible
11. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Program Director
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); ability to maintain emotional control under stress; to remain calm and be able to respond in a responsible way in case of a natural disaster and or catastrophe
*Physical demands/environmental factors:
Ability to routinely lift children up to 25 lbs, move furniture in an early childcare setting and sustain long hours of active work
REQUIREMENTS: TO BE ONLY COMPLETED UPON APPROVAL OF HIRE:
*Must submit to Live scan fingerprints.
This will include a Criminal History Check, Child Abuse Central Index Check, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) clearance. and "California Clearance" which means an individual has no felony or misdemeanor convictions reported to the Department of Justice (DOJ). However, the individual may have been arrested with no criminal conviction, convicted of minor traffic offense, or adjudicated as a juvenile.
*Resume including a minimum of three (3) references each of personal and job related individuals. This does not include family members
If this sounds like you and you love to work with infants and toddlers please contact Kirsten Hansen via this website or you many contact her via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831.439.8721 to set up an interview. Start date to be determined by State requirements.
In Kirsten's Care is an equal opportunity employer.